OUR IDEAL CLIENT
We’re not for everyone.
After helping as many owners, CEO’s and business leaders as we have, we know what attributes and circumstances make for a successful partnership. So, while we would love to help everyone (and we make a ton of expert content available to anyone who is interested), we know the recipe for success is made up of a few key elements.
First, who are you?
Our ideal client is the owner and CEO of a B2B business with between $2 and $20M in annual revenues. Here's why.
- You're the owner-CEO. We love working with owners because they often have the tenacity and dedication to see their businesses thrive. This isn't just a job to you—this is your life. We also engage with the owner-CEO directly because the decisions we help you make can't be delegated.
- You’re operating a "going concern," not a start-up—one big enough to have people who can operationalize a strategy. Under the $2M range, it can be hard to get traction (the exception is a professional B2B service - where $2M could yield 50% gross margins). Much larger than $20M, it is likely to handle its marketing and sales challenges with in-house VPs.
- Why B2B? Jose’s experience and our collective work, generating hundreds of millions of dollars in growth for our clients, has been almost exclusively in B2B. We develop custom growth strategies to attract business buyers and “pay off” with a powerful sales process.
Second, what is your current situation?
The main problem you must be facing to be our client is dissatisfaction with sales.
Whether sales have slowed, stalled, or shrunk—or perhaps they're booming- you know the other shoe is about to drop— and you are unhappy with your sales levels.
In addition, we typically find that our ideal clients share these experiences:
- You are an expert in your field, but not so much in sales and marketing. We want to work with people who know their stuff. But if you're not so confident in sales in marketing, there's no shame in that. That's what we're here to help with.
- You have tried many things to spark growth but are unhappy with the ROI. We hear this a lot. It is easy to invest a lot of money in marketing and sales tactics that don’t provide the return on investment you expect. This could be due to poor execution. But more often than not, it is because investing in tactics before (real) strategy work is like starting construction without a blueprint.
- You want a real plan—not a quick fix. Perfect. That’s what we’d want to do with you as well.
- But you also want to do something now to put you on the growth path. This is the heart of the matter - do you want to do something now to improve your sales? If yes, then we’re ready to help you do exactly that.
Third—and most important—what is your attitude?
You want an expert guide to support your growth activities.
We want to work with clients who believe in their business and know they have challenges they need help overcoming.
Are you willing to listen to recommendations? Or are you sure you have the answers? That’s ok if you do. Maybe that confidence is why you’ve gotten your business to where it is. But we find that folks with “humble confidence” work best with us. That's how we like to roll too.